Scientific research is making so many advances for today’s world and these advances don’t fail to shock us.
Recently has been discovered that Coconut Oil enhances the qualities of Cannabis.
Cannabis has many medicinal properties, but if mixed with coconut oil, it can be made even more useful making a powerful combination that enhances the benefits of both.
The Process of Making Cannabis Coconut Oil:
Making Cannabis Coconut Oil is fairly easy. You just have to choose the right variety of cannabis and even if you don’t know much about that, you are good to go.
Part 1 – Decarboxylation:
The first part of this process is called decarboxylation. This means you have to heat the marijuana. Heating it would release the THC.
This process is important because it activates the hidden healing compounds of the marijuana. Heating, thus, makes it ready for use.
– One ounce of cannabis buds;
– Parchment paper;
– A baking sheet;
How to do it:
1. Preheat the oven to 240°F/115°C.
2. Break up the cannabis buds into smaller pieces with your hands.
3. Spread a single layer on a parchment-lines rimmed baking sheet. The sheet should be covered with the marijuana with no empty spaces.
4. Bake the cannabis 30-40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes so that it toasts evenly.
5. When the cannabis has dried and darkened in color to a light to medium brown, remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cannabis to cool. It should be crumbly when properly dried.
6. In a food processor or blender, pulse the cannabis until it is coarsely ground (not a fine powder). Store it in an airtight glass container and use as needed to make your medicines.
Part 2 – Preparing the Cannabis Coconut Oil:
– 1 gram decarboxylated marijuana;
– 1 ounce cold-pressed virgin coconut oil;
How to do it:
1. Place measured crushed marijuana in a sturdy glass jar and add coconut oil. Tightly fit the jar’s lid and place in a saucepan full of water.
2. Slowly heat the water on low on the stovetop—keeping it below boiling—for 60 minutes. (Doing so keeps the oil from overheating.)
3. Using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, strain solids from the oil into another sturdy glass jar. Squeeze the liquid from the cannabis into the oil.
4. The cannabis coconut oil is now ready to be eaten or used as a topical lotion. The removed solids can be eaten as well, baked or cooked in any recipe as any other herb.
Remember, you may cook with the oil but only at medium heat; if heated too high, the active compounds of the marijuana will cook out.
So, now you can go and enjoy the hidden benefits of cannabis coconut oil.