Scientifically known as Zingiber officinale, ginger is a rhizome that is easy to plant and contains amazing health benefits. Over centuries, it has been used as a food, spice, and medicine.
Ginger is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain. This plant can be consumed fresh, in powdered or oil forms, dried as a spice, or as juice and can also be added to processed foods and cosmetics.
The amazing health benefits of ginger include the following:
Ginger is a vasodilator, which widens the arteries and enhances blood circulation. The vasodilation effect increases the temperature of the body, stimulates metabolism and burns calories.
- Ginger increases the production of gastric juices, which enhances digestion and again burns calories.
- Ginger is found to increase metabolism rates by as much as 20% in animal studies.
- Ginger promotes digestion and relieves stomach upset and constipation.
- Ginger reduces muscle pain and soreness with daily use.
- Ginger is high with gingerol, a substance high in anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties.
- Ginger promotes loss of appetite, which make it great at losing extra weight.
How to prepare a ginger tea:
Drinking ginger tea before bedtime helps in clearing out your digestive system and neutralizing the problems from inside. To prepare this drink, follow these steps:
Get yourself a dried ginger root powder. Thin slices of fresh ginger work best too.
- Bring two cups of water to a boil.
- Pour hot water into a cup.
- Add ginger powder or slices.
- Adding a slice of lemon or a tablespoon of honey gives it extra taste. Besides, honey and lemon are also excellent natural remedies for burning body fat. (Optional)
- Drink 2 to 3 cups a day for maximum benefit.
Ginger is also added in some delicacies like cookies, ginger ale, gingerbread, and ginger snaps, while it can be found in supplements too as a capsule, tablet, or tincture.
With lots of choices available to you, staying healthy with ginger is very much possible.